Tuesday, July 1, 2008

ITALY ADVENTURES



Local Market-Heads and ALL!


Italy was amazing....There isn't enough room to post my favorite pictures. My most favorite memory was the first sighting of the Leaning Tower of Pisa and the Colliseum..... It was the pictures of my early school days coming to life...SPECTACULAR


The Vatican was unfortunately closed....CAN YOU BELIEVE IT? There should soooooooooo be a law against that but I suppose even they need a maintenance day.... Needless to say we where heart broken.


Our Italian cooking class was great fun. We cooked up a feast, hand rolled our own spaghetti noodles, made gnocchi (potatoe pasta) and fried basil. Then as if it couldn't get better, we sat and ate it all.......I have to say, we all turned out to be Italian chefs!


One of my favorite new foods is gelato. Many of you have heard of it, I hadn't. It is Italian ice cream to die for! One bite and your was hooked for life:-)


The country sides in the Tuscany and Umbria regions are magical! The sloping landscapes, cyprus trees, vineyards, hill tops towns, castles.

You can get completely lost in your imagination letting it take you back to what it must have been like century's ago. Their history is so rich!
Our Italian Adventure was only completed by the new friends we made. By the end, when it was time to say our, "Good byes" their where tears all around.....

2 comments:

Rach said...

Yay! I love all the pictures! Italy looks beautiful! (Well, of course we all knew that!) I'm glad you had the time of your life!

Rach said...

yeah, that weekend pretty much rocked! hehe