Friday, July 11, 2008

THE 35TH ANNUAL Butte to Butte 4.5 mile walk/run

What a July 4Th! Accomplished a personal best for sure! My girlfriend Jennifer invited me to do the Butte to Butte with her. My run experience to date included ONE 5K and that was a century ago. So, without thought I signed up and said,"yes". Then the panic set in!

To start the race we watched the 10K runners take off, that was amazing. There were over 3 thousand runners that took off. It was literally a river of runners that seemed would never end.

Then 20 min later, we were off! Over 2 thousand run/walkers doing the 4.5 mile trek.

I'm proud to say out of that 2+ thousand contestants, Jen finished 59Th and I finished 79Th. We did awesome! But then that's just my opinion:-)

I had a ton of fun and want to personally thank my girlfriend Jen for the invite and the encouragement. Without it, I'd have never of made it!

2 comments:

Rach said...

Whatever, so she's the favorite now hu?!? (haha, just kidding)
Gracias on the hair comment! Now I just have to loose a gajillion pounds!
I had no idea you ran the Butte to Butte! And you guys did do a really good job! I want to get back in "running shape" I think I would jog 2 miles and pass out. Once Student loans go through I'm going to git the gym hard though. I think I'm going to sign up at a gym so I can do the cool classes!

Jen said...

First of all, I LOVE the Italy pics. They all look so amazing! The buildings, the history, it all looks amazing. And the butte to butte was SO FUN! Thanks for going with me! Were you sore at all?